The students will have direct on hands practice. They will prepare patients for procedures which include providing a screening and contrast media form and going through the specific questions.
They will prepare patients for the procedure. Maneuver MRI equipment and position the patients for the different exams. They will have the opportunity to practice inserting an intravenous line for contrast administration. This is all required under the direct supervision of the registered technologist.
The best part of this Clinical experience is that the student will have online access to real videos of the most used MRI machines including GE and Siemens which includes:
The use of the power injector
MRI unsafe and safe implants
Tricks and optimization in performing exams
The Clinical rotation requirements and competencies will be provided to each student at the beginning of the MRI program as an introductory booklet.
• The faculty teacher will be going to the hospital and or clinic biweekly to review clinical competencies. Date and time can vary depending on availability.
• The student can review educational materials and apply it to the clinical setting in which he or she can have the opportunity to talk to the clinical faculty member regarding questions and concerns.
• It is the responsibility of each student to fill the clinical competencies as required based on the faculty instructions.
• The Clinical Faculty will help with the submission of the ARRT online application and submission.
CLINICAL PRACTICE DURATION
This consist of 200 hours of practice which will provide the students with CE credits. MRI practice is held at variable times for the student convenience as follows:
Monday-Friday: 8 am to 12 Noon
Monday-Friday: 12 Noon to 4pm
Monday-Friday: 4pm to 8pm
Saturday: 9am to 4pm
Total Tuition is $800
This must be paid in full before start the Clinical Experience rotation. We do not have a refund policy.
• Uniforms are required by the student depending on the hospital and or clinic. Black or blue pants is required for the student to wear in the clinical site.
• A Professional Liability/Malpractice Insurance for Clinical Practice will be provided to the students.